Apostle Joseph Kwadzo Atinyo hails from Dzodze in the Volta Region of Ghana, and was born on 5th November, 1963, to the late Elder Solomon Mensah Atinyo and Deaconess Grace Atinyo. He graduated from children Sunday school at Aflabonu Local Assembly and was baptized by Pastor S. K. Hegah (Rtd) in the year 1980. Apostle J. K. Atinyo, with impression of Divine favour and hard work, was appointed Witness Leader of Aflabonu Local Assembly and was later ordained as an elder in 1982 during Area Christmas Convention at Ho, by the late Apostle C.K. Adzudzor.
Apostle J. K. Atinyo had his elementary education at Ashanti Kpoeta in the Volta Region. He sat for common entrance examination in the Middle School form three and continued his second circle education at the Saint Prosper’s College in Ho, but graduated at the Bello Business College at Kpedze in the Volta Region in the year 1981.
MINISTERIAL CALL AND ORDINATION
Apostle Atinyo in the year 1984, July, 10, was called into Full-time Pastoral Ministry by the grace of God as an Overseer and was later ordained as a pastor in the year 1992 at Mamprobi Salvation Army Park during the National Easter Convention in Accra. He meritoriously served his Lord and the Church and on Sunday 22nd August, 2004, he was ordained as an Apostle at a special service held at the Adabraka auditorium of The Apostolic Church-Ghana.
He enrolled at Grace Bible College at Hohoe and graduated with a Diploma in Theology in the year 1987. In 1988, he also graduated from Full Gospel Bible College at Hohoe, with another Diploma in Theology. He equally enrolled at The Apostolic Bible College, Kumasi and successfully completed in the year 2000, and was awarded a Diploma in Theology and the Best Student Award.
Apostle Atinyo was one of the few Ascension Ministers who got a scholarship from the The Apostolic Church, Nigeria and gained admission to LAWNA Theological seminary in Jos, Nigeria between 2006 and 2009. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Theology with emphasis in Christian Education with First Class. He was also adjudged the best student in the Christian Education Department.
Apostle J. K. Atinyo continued his education to Central University and read Master of Philosophy in Religious Studies with emphasis in Pentecostal Theology and successfully graduated in the year 2016, Tema in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana.
MINISTERIAL DUTY STATIONS
Apostle J. K. Atinyo has served the Lord diligently; his work has been a blessing to the following stations and the Church at large;
- District Overseer, Hlefi-1984-1986.
- District Overseer, Dzolo-Kpuita-1986-1988.
- District Overseer/Pastor, Dzodze-1989-1994.
- District Pastor, Logba Alakpeti-1994-2000.
- District Pastor, Ho-2000-2002.
- Area Pastor, Akasti – 2002- August 2004.
- Area Apostle, Akatsi -August 2004-August 2006.
- Area Apostle. Ashanti Mampong –January 2009- 2011.
- Area Apostle, Ho –November 2011-September 2015.
- Area Apostle, Nyanyano/Kasoa, September 2015-Date.
LEADERSHIP AND MINISTERIAL OFFICES HELD
- National Executive (full member) from March 2017 to date.
- National Executive (Co-opted member) from March 2015 to March 2017.
- National Council member from 2004 to date.
- National Audit Committee Member from 2009 to date.
- National Missionary Board Chairman from 2012 to date.
- Bible College Lecturer from 2009 to date.
- Ho Area Staff Secretary from 2000 to 2002.
- Hohoe Area Finance Pastor from 1994 to 2000.
- Akatsi Area Finance Pastor from 1989 to 1994
- Volta Area Finance Pastor from 1984 to1989.
Due to the abundant grace of God, Apostle J. K. Atinyo has served on boards and committees of Para-Church organizations on behalf of The Apostolic Church as follows;
- Member of Ghana Evangelism Committee-Accra, National from 2012-2015
- Vice President of GPCC Ashanti Mampong zone from 2009-2011.
- Vice President of GPCC Kasoa zone from 2015 to date.
SELECTED CONFERENCES/SERMINARS ATTENDED
- Apostolic World Conference, Accra, Ghana.
- AFMA (African Missions Association).
Apostle Joseph Kwadzo Atinyo is married to Deaconess Mary Akos Atinyo, a virteous woman, God fearing, dedicated and a strong pillar in his ministry. They are happily married with seven (7) children, two nephews and one adopted daughter.